On how I almost quit my job...

Monday, October 09, 2006


It was a weekend not to be remembered.
I worked all weekend: On Friday 1-10 PM ( I missed The Departed last showing). Saturday I worked 1-10 and had to wake up at 6 on Sunday since we were having markdowns. Had to set up the walls and the sale merchandise. As expected, by 4, I was tired. There's no teamwork over there. So I'm madly screwed.

I lost my weekend.

Columbus day, I had no classes, but needed to be there at 7 only to find out that they were processing shipment right where I was going to be working. They screwed my day and everything I had planned to work on. I don't think anyone has ever seen me as angry as I was.
I missed the chances of proving myself ( even if it's in a boring retail shop) and gain more respect.

I'm not known for quitting. The only thing I've quit was when I was 15 and couldn't finish the worst RPG ever, Seventh Saga. And as everything around me was going in circles, I couldn't help but question many things. Why was I working there? Where was my freedom? How come I'm the only hard worker there? Why did I become the punchbag of people who aren't capable of doing anything?

At 9:20 AM, I was left with a destroyed store. No new product or mannequins were done yet. I spent my last 3 hours trying to put up things together and determined to quit. However I backed out in the end. Instead of quitting the job and, even if I don't need the money right now, reject that extra income, I would quit for the day, a holiday. So, I told them how I wasn't going to finish the 8 hours shift; left at 12:30; spent 30 minutes shopping and ultimately left the store.

Suddenly, as I walked towards home, I realized that if I was ever going to quit (and I mean as of giving up) it wasn't going to be a silly boring retail job; which I'm overtasked; that happens to have the laziest employees. So if I'm quitting, I'll quit for something more (or less) important.

2 comments:

• Ceci • said...

I'm going to remember this in hard times. Thank You Hon'. At times you really are a source of motivation.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's what this company does to you. But, you can't quit yet, at least get the watch and give it to me!!!!! HEHE!!!Nada, take it easy!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!